How to lose weight and lose your belly. To lose weight and lower your belly, changes in habits and lifestyle can be quite effective, being able to help the loss of up to 2 kg per week, depending on the initial weight.
However, to achieve this goal, it is important to follow the recommended strategies every day.
In addition, in case the person is in a weight loss process, it is advised not to weigh every day to check if he has lost or gained weight, as this causes anxiety and can interfere with the process.
Ideally, you should weigh yourself only once a week, always on the same schedule and women should take into account if they are during the menstrual period, as it is normal to be swollen, which is reflected on the scale.
Here are some tips on how to lose weight and lose your belly
1. Eat slowly and savor food
Eating slowly allows when the stomach is almost full, it will send a signal to the brain indicating that it has already received enough food and that it no longer needs to eat.
However, people who have the habit of eating fast their brain do not perceive this satiety signal, causing the person to eat in larger quantities, in addition to this, it also reduces the time of contact with food and the pleasure of making better use of it.
Respecting satiety is one of the main points to lose weight and avoid weight gain.
Satiating your stomach with foods rich in nutrients and fibers such as vegetables, fruits, white meats and good fats, makes your metabolism work better and avoids the feeling of hunger for longer.
2. Drink more water during the day
Lots of fluids should be drunk between meals, as this will help decrease hunger and fluid retention, because the more water the more urine is drunk, and with its elimination toxins that impair the weight loss process are also released.
- What you can drink: water, coconut water, sugar-free natural juices, sugar-free teas;
- What not to drink: soft drinks, industrialized juices, chocolate drinks and alcoholic beverages.
The amount of water to be ingested per day varies between 1.5 to 3 L per day.
3. Physical activity
The type of exercise is not the most important thing, but if you take advantage of all the opportunities to burn calories whenever possible, it is of the utmost importance that you practice an activity at least 3 times a week. Doing some daily activities can make a difference, try the following activities:
- Climb stairs instead of elevator;
- Get off a stop before work or school and walk the rest of the way;
- Go for a 10-minute walk after lunch.
- Take the dog for a walk at night.
To increase energy expenditure, try walking at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week, as it is one of the best physical exercises to lose weight, but also do some endurance exercises to supplement the workout.
4. Eat everything but in moderation
The body needs all the nutrients, so in the diets in which carbohydrates are banned do with weight increase again a short time later. The best tips are:
- Prefer milk and its skim derivatives;
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds to juices and yogurts such as flaxseed and chia;
- Eat a handful of nuts, such as peanuts or peanuts, almonds, nuts, hazelnuts per day;
- Choose a single source of carbohydrate per meal, giving preference to natural foods;
- Eat a raw salad before lunch and dinner;
- Eat at least 3 fruits per day;
- Avoid the consumption of simple sugars, avoiding drinking coffee, milk, yogurt, teas and juices with sugar;
- Avoid eating after being satisfied.
Consuming fruits and vegetables several times a day, they provide many fibers and vitamins, in addition to containing few calories, favoring the weight loss process.
5. Not going hungry
Making small meals every 3 hours may seem exaggerated, but it’s true that hunger doesn’t show up.
In this way by dividing the portions of food help to decrease the weight. Follow these tips:
- Place reminders on your phone or on your calendar notifying you it’s time to eat;
- Always keep in your wallet or backpack nuts, natural fruits that are easy snacks to make on the street;
- The best snacks are: fruits, yogurts, carrot sticks, cucumber with crushed avocado and seasoned with salt and pepper, tomato in large cubes with a pinch of salt and olive oil, a boiled egg and nuts.
If it’s not possible to make some food throughout the day, just focus on maintaining the quality of your next meal and use these little snacks if you’re hungry. It is gradually possible to understand that most of the time it is not about hunger but anxiety.
6. Write down everything you eat
Writing down everything you eat throughout the day is also a good strategy to lose weight, because in this way the person manages to become more aware of what he eats and, in this way, manages to identify mistakes and where to improve, being able to alter his habits to lose weight, in case this is the purpose, and to have a healthier life.
It is recommended that registration be done every day and after each meal, as it is easier to remember what was consumed. In the lunch diary it is important to indicate whether it is breakfast, lunch, lunch, lunch or dinner, lunchtime, food lunch and quantity, where you ate and what you were doing at the time.
In addition, you should be logged in if you had company and how you felt at the time. This registration should be done for 3 to 7 days, as in this way it will be possible to have a better idea of what the eating habits are.
After registration, it is important to analyze all food choices together with the nutritionist, as this way it is possible to identify errors and establish strategies to achieve the desired goal. In addition, the nutritionist will indicate the best foods so that the person has no nutritional deficiencies and manages to lose weight in a healthy way.
How to lose weight healthily
If weight loss becomes very difficult, it is ideal to consult an endocrinologist to analyze whether the thyroid gland is working properly. In addition to this, a good idea is to consult a nutritionist to develop an individualized diet adapted to their needs.
In cases where there is a health problem such as gastritis, asthma, osteoporosis or even a mobility limitation, guidance and advice from doctors is essential to reconcile the diet with the use of medications and with proper adaptation to the disease , so that it is possible to lose weight by improving the quality of life and not the other way around.